A powerful pool
The CC pool of containers and shelves allows for a seamless flow of goods back and forth the chain. As a pool member, you pay an annual pool fee so you don’t have to worry about the quality, exchangeability and availability of well-maintained bases and shelves.
Change is needed
For the future, change is needed because the CC pool contains a wide range of wooden shelves in different quality ranges. This is due to the influx of imitation shelves that are lower in price, but also much lower in quality when compared to the original CC Wood shelves. Low quality shelves need to be repaired more often. This creates an unsustainable situation that cannot be covered by the pool fee.
Rising costs and complexity
Low quality wooden shelves lead to unwanted costs for handling and repair. Broken shelves need to be sorted and returned, people can get injured while handling broken shelves and product quality may suffer. To ensure sustainable repair services for the future, CC has set a repair quota that is sufficient to satisfy the repair needs for all customers.
CC Solid product specs
The benefits of CC Solid
The metal shelf CC Solid is more resistant to water and dirt than wooden shelves. CC Solid is more durable and sustainable and has a lower need for repair.
Its nested design allows for a single container to be loaded with more CC Solids than the current stacking capacity of 30 wooden shelves per base.
A CC Solid can carry 120 kg of uniformly distributed load, it requires less storage capacity and it is lower in weight than wooden shelves. This results in reduced CO2 emissions thanks to increased logistic efficiency.
CC Solid is equipped with an RFID tag which facilitates electronic counting, tracking and tracing.
CC Solid has hooks placed on the long side of the shelf. Intensive consultation of the market showed a clear preference for CC Solid with hooks on the long side, like the existing wooden shelves.
Implementing CC Solid
We consult the market to find the best way to implement CC Solid. There are 2 scenarios for implementation:
CC Solid can in due course substitute the current wooden shelves in the market
- Customers can keep the wooden shelves, except shelves under STH contracts
- In the first 5 years 20% of a customer’s contracted wooden shelf volume per year is available in CC Solids which customers can use to replace non-functional shelves
- CC will stop repairing non-functional wooden shelves, all other services continue
- CC adds CC Solids to the CC pool under a LTH contract
- The annual pool fee remains the same, there is no surcharge
- To enlarge the customers contract shelf volume, a step-in fee of €2.50 per CC Solid is due
CC Solid co-exists with wooden shelves
- CC will support both CC Solid and wooden shelves. For wooden shelves, all services continue, only the repair service changes
- An annual repair quota is set at a maximum of 40% of a customer’s contract volume of wooden shelves in the first year, reducing to 20% in the second year. A further reduction of the repair quota is not foreseen. Customers presenting broken wooden shelves in an amount that exceeds their repair quota will need to pay an additional repair charge per shelf
- CC Solids will be made available to interested CC customers under LTH or STH contracts
- Pricing of new LTH contracts will be set at market prices
Join the discussion!
Implementing CC Solid is a joint effort.
That’s why we consult our customers to discuss CC Solid and the best scenario for implementation.
Send us your feedback
We appreciate your feedback!
So tell us what you think.
If you prefer calling our customer service number is: +44 1322 294 267.
Take the Survey
You can also provide feedback by completing this short survey.
It will only take a couple of minutes of your time.
Talk to us directly
We will consult our customers via meetings and customer councils.
If you are interested in attending our meetings, let us know.
Questions & Answers
Here you can find answers to the frequently asked questions. If you require a more specific answer, or if you have an additional question, don’t hesitate to contact us. All prices mentioned regarding CC Solid are indicative and depend on both supply and demand and metal market prices.